Saskatchewan provides challenges for drivers regardless of season. Summer has thunderstorms with wind, rain and hail. Winter has icy road’s and snow storms. Anytime of the year we all experience rough road surfaces, loose gravel and potholes.
Nagel Insurance Services in Mossbank will make sure you have the right coverage to protect your vehicle regardless of season or where you are driving.
All vehicles licenced in Saskatchewan are insured by the Provincial Auto Fund. This provides the minimum insurance which is required by law which includes:
- $200,000 liability
- $700 deductible for vehicle damage
- Personal injury coverage.
- An extension Auto Policy can be purchased to add additional coverages. Some of the options offered are:
- Added Liability Protection – increase the basic $ 200,000 on your licence plates to as high as $ 5,000,000.
- Family Security – coverage protects you and your family in the event that you are injured by an uninsured or under-insured motorist.
- Lower Deductibles – You can choose as low as $ 100 which is what you must pay in a claim situation before your insurance takes over and pays the remainder of the claim.
- Road Hazard Glass – you can lower your deductible to $ 50 if you need to replace your windshield because of damage from rocks.
- Loss of Use – This coverage pays for your transportation costs if your vehicle is stolen or damaged.
- New Vehicles – If you purchase a new vehicle, replacement cost is an option which means in the event of a loss, you will get new parts or a new vehicle, not the depreciated value.
Looking for renewing your vehicle plates? Click on the plate…
The Process for Filling an Auto Claim
All Auto Claims need to be reported to the nearest SGI Claims Centre. For Mossbank and area the toll free number is 1-800-667-5103. The direct line is (306) 691-4500. You may also file your claim electronically at www.sgi.sk.ca/eclaim